Thursday, June 6, 2013

What are these Mortal instuments?

The other site I have been following is the Cassandra Clare Tumblr site.   Cassandra Clare is the author of the Mortal Instrument series,  soon to be a movie coming out in August.

http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/

The first book is City of Bones.  I have not read it, but after reviewing the site, I am anxious to give it a try.  It seems like something that I may really enjoy.  And it seems to have quite the following.
Cassandra Clare has set up the Tumblr and posts to the site.  It is really a site for the fans of the series,  and is very visual and in this way, I think it really works.   The visuals are sharp and catchy and really pull you in, and make people want to check out the book, or the movie.

One thing about the site that I love is the Tarot cards based on the book.
 
I have an interest in the Tarot anyway,  and it makes me wonder whether tarot cards figure into the novels in some way, and how.   It really makes me more curious about the series and wants me to investigate further.  I wonder, when the cards are finished, they will print them as a set, and teens will start performing divination.    Hopefully the future will be bright.
 
Also, I have discovered the Robert Sheehan will be playing Simon in the movie.  I LOVED him in Misfits.  If this doesn't sell me on the movie, I don't know what will.
 

So, City of Bones is now on my reading list.  All I need is time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment