Friday, June 21, 2013

Wrap up! The end is here!

So, this is my final post of the Be More Bookish training.   Though, in the future, it may not be my last post, who knows where the future my lead?

I have to say I enjoyed the training!      I DO feel that I am pretty good at reader's services.  It is what I enjoy most about my job, and why I  became a librarian in the first place.   I DO feel that every librarian, even those that feel good about readers services should always "refresh and renew" as it were, because there are always new sources of reviews to look at and genres that we could use brushing up with.


I really enjoyed the format of  Be More Bookish.  As much as I love the genre boot camps,  that one is sometimes hard because you have to read three titles and these are the same titles that everyone else is reading.  I much enjoyed selecting a web page to follow from a list,  examining it, but also knowing that other librarians were selecting different web sites and I could read about on their blogs.    I liked the self pacing of the training and I really liked the surprise of Monday mornings when I got to read about the "theme" for the week.

I really was happy to take part in this training and it did promote discussions among staff, as we talked about what we discovered as we were working.   I think a big part of  readers services is sharing titles and thoughts with coworkers and this training really prompts this to happen.

This would make a great training for new staff members or those in the LATI program.   I think it would definitively help familiarize staff with genres and resources. 

I would love to do this again in the future, maybe for childrens or teen fiction,  and maybe even an entire mini Bookish dedicated to non fiction.

Happy reading everyone.  Tell me what you are reading. Always happy to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment