Friday, April 26, 2013

Elephants can remember, sadly, I cannot.

 The final two mysteries have been selected for my vacation.  I am taking Elephants Can Remember by Agatha Christie.  I have read this one before,  but don't remember much about the plot.  I do recall that it involves a murder that takes place in the distant past, and someone growing older and realizing what they now know or had seen.   I seem to remember enjoying it greatly.  This one is also being filmed by the BBC this year and is one of the final set of Poirot novels to star David Suchet.    He will have filmed every last one of them.   The other films on the horizon are Dead Man's Folly,  the Big Four and the Labors of Hercules.

I found this Margery Allingham novel while nosing around in my paperback cubboard.  It is the White Cottage Mystery,  and oddly, does not involve Albert Campion.    Further investigation of the novel showed that this was written as a serial in the 1920's and was later collected in its novel form.    It involves a country house,  a shooting,  a throughoughly disliked victim, and a cast of suspects  making it out to be  a true cozy.   I expect to thouroughly enjoy this one. 

This does mean I am taking four novels with me.   Chances are, I will not be able to read all four of them, but, I am better off prepared.     Hate to run out of books so far from shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment