Monday, April 22, 2013

Week One, and what I know (or don't know, as the case may be)

Accoding to Sporcle, it is apparent that I do not know the cover of Freakonomics.   It is also apparent that I read very little non-fiction.  If there is one thing I need to do, is familiarize myself with more non-fiction!

But I did reasonably well on Sporcle and judging books by the covers.    I can definitely sell a book based on cover image alone.  Now, if that only worked on getting me to a table in a restaurant faster.  

About the links.   I chose to read Salon, because when I opened the link, it looked like a lot of  non-fiction.  So much non-fiction I thought my head might explode.   I decided Salon would be good for me.

I also decided on Heroes and Heartbreakers, because I don't read a lot of romance, and I need a touch of whimsy and passion, after reading Salon.  I think the two will give me new information but be different enough from one another to keep me interested.

I did like the articles posted.   The tips were great, and some of the six year old's guesses were hilarious.   I am ready for this new challenge in my reader's advisory development.  

No comments:

Post a Comment