Thursday, April 18, 2013

Long road ahead.

Started reading the Accursed by Joyce Carol Oates, and I like it so far, but suddenly I hit a snag, and a realization about myself.

This book is somewhat dense, and literary and awfully long.  So if you were expecting to get a meaningful review of the book on my blog post, I fear you are sadly disappointed.  This blog post appears to be more about my reading style!

I have trouble as of late getting into a really long book.  I think it is mostly time constraints.  I tend to read a bit, put it aside and have trouble getting back to it.    It is not the fault of the novel, or the novelist.   I think my old, tired eyes are not as easily trained to the page as they once were.

Though, this immense novel is interesting and has Woodrow Wilson as a main character.  There is also a curse, and I believe a paranormal element which is very different from anything Joyce Carol Oates has given the world so far.   I am really hoping to find this one on audio.  I think I would prefer listening to it.   It is very complex,  and the author does have an incredible way with words.

1 comment: