Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pop culture.

Today I am very excited for Cyndi Lauper.

I am including a Broadway musical post, because as librarians, we do need to know what is going on in the world around us.

And I adore Cyndi Lauper.   She has been nominated for her score for the new musical Kinky Boots.   I am not sure if you remember, but Kinky Boots was a rather old British film about a man taking over his father's shoe business, a business that was failing.   But,  he is suddenly inspired by a drag queen to create a line of "sexy" shoes, and turns things around.   This is a perfect film to make into a feel good musical, and Cyndi Lauper is a perfect person to give music and lyrics to the project.   I am also excited because Harvey Fierstein wrote the book, and that is another reason to rejoice.

I  have not seen this one yet.   It is on my definite "to do" list.  With all the press, and accolades, I am hoping it will run for a long time,  giving me the chance to book the Megabus and head up to the land of shining footlights.

Feel free to chime in on good shows you have seen, or anything that you want to see.  Live theater.  There really is nothing like it.

1 comment: