Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 5: Assignement 1

So, what am I learning?

I have been following Salon.com

This is not a hard task, as Salon does not post reviews very often,  maybe one or two a week.    The reviews are also pretty detailed and in depth, so you get a lot of information about the book.   Salon does deal primarily with non-fiction and are usually books that I would not choose to read, so having the review is very useful because I get enough information to be able to tell a reader the general idea of the book without having to read it.

Heroes and Heartbreakers is updated much more frequently, and is much more fun, with enticing cover shots, excerpts from the novel,  and sometimes even including "classic" novels or bits of pop culture, like movies or TV  (Game of Thrones seems to be a popular discussion topic).  I also appreciate the "categories" section which breaks down the posts to specific types  -  contemporary,  paranormal, historical.  I would be most likely to read a historical romance,  so I can get a quick snapshot of new books in that genre.   I also have discovered many new authors writing in romance that I can now have name recognition when I am browsing the new shelves to help customers with authors that may be currently popular.     I love this site's layout.  Easy to use, attractive and would be a good site to share with customers who would like to look for reviews from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment